24 August 2010

Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara: Review

I'm always on the lookout for the best mascara.  I want it all - curl, length, volume, with no smudging or flaking.  Who doesn't?!  I'm not opposed to playing guinea pig and buying various mascaras to try out, but if I can test for free, why not?


Recently, one of Sephora's weekly deals was an offer for a free sample of the new Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara.  And, that offer *luckily* coincided with an order I *needed* to make...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!  Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum has an hourglass-shaped brush that gives volume, length, lift and separation.  Plus the formula has an "intense concentration of ProVitamin B5" for a "reflective, jet-black sheen for dramatic impact".







Sounds promising.  Does it deliver?  Keep reading to find out!



Bare Lashes
One Coat
Two Coats
Bare Lashes
One Coat
Two Coats
Bare Lashes
One Coat
Two Coats


So there you have it.  Length, volume, curl, and separation with virtually no flakies or smudgies!  This mascara was tested over the course of a couple of the hottest and most humid days EVER and it still didn't smudge.  Pretty much all mascaras smudge on me, so for a mascara NOT to smudge on me is a freakin' miracle, especially when the humidity makes my concealer slide right off.  Dramatic impact?  Eh, you're not going to look like you're wearing a set of falsies, but you'll get pretty, long, lush lashes.  Yes, 'tis a bit pricey, but for a good mascara, I am willing to dig a little deep.  Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum may actually replace my beloved Chanel Inimitable (though, I have yet to try the Inimitable Intense, so we'll see).  swatchcat gives this mascara 4 paws up!






Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara is $28, and available at Sephora.


Oh, and swatchcats C & D poked their noses in to say, "Hi!"


Disclosure:  this was a free sample, included with an order from Sephora, but the opinions are all mine.  I wouldn't steer y'all wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment