24 January 2011

Burberry Nude Beige Lip Glow Lip Gloss and Rosewood Lip Cover Lipstick

See, I can follow through.  But before I toot my own horn too much, let's see how the rest of the week goes.  This post is going to be short and sweet, because frankly, I had a bit o' wine while cooking dinner, and I'm just not so much with the words right now.


The lip gloss comes in a clear, square tube with a metal wand that has the Burberry plaid check design etched into it.  The applicator is a doe-foot, which I know is not a favorite of many, but I don't mind it.  The lipstick comes in a heavy metal case which has a magnetic closure and is also etched with the plaid check design.




Swatches after the jump.
Nude Beige Lip Glow Lip Gloss is well, a pink-y beige.  It's very much a my own lip color, but better nude rather than a flesh-toned nude.  Really great for slapping on and running out the door, whether it's paired with a simple daytime look or smoldering, smokey eyes.




Rosewood Lip Cover Lipstick is a satiny, mid-tone rose that has buildable coverage.  It doesn't go on sheer, but a couple of swipes will get you nearly opaque coverage.




As with the eyeshadows, these are both luxurious products that come with a luxury price tag. Burberry Lip Glow Lip Gloss is $27 and Lip Cover Lipstick is $30, and both are very much on par with other luxury brands in terms of price and size.  Given that I've been impressed with the quality, I do think I'll be indulging in more Burberry lip goodness, I just gotta budget for it!  I purchased these Burberry lip products from Nordstrom.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment